Denials Avoidance &
Appeals Institute (C-DAM)
At the completion of this program, participants should be able to:
• Identify the challenges inherent in interpreting the payer payment systems, denial management and how to have your facilities prepared for success with appeals.
• Understand the changing state of today’s healthcare system, as related to the important trends toward required compliance activities to prevent future claims denials.
• Identify the diverse educational needs for healthcare personnel regarding the significant changes in the healthcare reimbursement field and how these impact the denials that an organization will confront.
• Identify important methods of (and how to manage) administrative & provider organizational acceptance and “buy-in” to improve the denial management and appeals processes.
• Describe the goals, key benefits, and strategies of having an on-site based denial management and appeals program.
• Identify effective techniques to communicate with both clinicians (physicians, mid levels, nurses, care managers) and non-clinical (coding & billing) staff in order to appeal current denials and prevent future denials.
• Apply techniques to develop and implement a structured Denial Management and Appeals Improvement Program within acute care hospitals.
• Identify compliance methods on auditing, monitoring, and evaluating the effectiveness of your denial management program.
• Accurate, precise and explicit medical records documentation
• Effective case management processes including level of care assignment
• Correct and compliant coding that reflects the true severity of illness and complexity of care
Attendees have the option of taking the Certification Exam within 6 weeks of this Program.
$1,695 Now Just $1149.
For more information about our programs contact: